Under the supervision of the Patrol Operations Commander, employees assigned to the Training Division perform a variety of complex professional and administrative management tasks which assist in coordinating the training logistics of the South Windsor Police Department. Employees perform work that involves analysis, coordination, monitoring, research, special projects and training budget preparation and oversight.
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by members in the training division.
- Coordinates and conducts training activities, seminars, conferences, and workshops, which may include: analyzing and evaluating training requirements; reviewing and processing employee training request forms; sending out training confirmations and reminders; securing facilities and instructors for training
- Develops and maintains the department training calendar (s)
- Coordinates new employee (pre and post academy) training; orientation schedules
- Schedules employees for conferences by securing registrations, hotel reservations and other related items
- Reviews, maintains, updates and submits employee training records for compliance with the Connecticut Police Officer Standards and Training Council
- Develops training plans for the Department
- Prepares a variety of reports, memoranda, correspondence, and records related to the training function
- Researches new training materials; evaluates and updates training programs and vendors to keep current with new techniques; consults with staff members, public and private representatives to ensure training information is current
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.