The next Bulky Waste Collection will be during the week of Monday, April 5, 2021 on trash collection day. The Bulky Waste Collection for the following Condominiums will be on Friday, April 9, 2021: Brookside, Bryrewood, Burr Meadow, Chapel Hill, Cinnamon Springs, Mill River, Parkview South, Pleasant Hills, Pleasant Valley, Plum Ridge, Strawbridge, and Westage Condominiums.
It is not necessary to schedule a bulky waste collection. Please have the item(s) curbside or by the dumpsters by 7:00 a.m. for collection during the day.
Acceptable Items for Bulky Waste Collection are:
- Furniture (sofas, recliners, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Carpeting/Rugs (rolled, bundled & tied/ secure-5 ft. max width by 6ft. length)
- large plastic items (kids toys, storage bins), and
- up to 4 tires without rims
Non Acceptable Items for Bulky Waste Collection:
- Home improvement or home remodeling generated material wastes including: doors, windows, kitchen cabinets or countertops, bathtubs, flooring (tiles), construction material such as lumber, sheetrock, shingles, plaster, pipe, sheds, fencing, dirt, stones and rocks, railroad ties, etc.
- Cardboard Boxes
- Covered Electronics Devices (Televisions, Computers, etc.)
- Scrap Metal
- Bagged and/or loose trash of any type. Bulk waste is not collected in cardboard boxes or plastic bags.
Questions may be directed to the Public Works Department, (860) 644-2511, ext. 343 – Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.